My strange obsession - double sided fabric

I admit I'm strangely drawn to any double sided fabric.  I think it's my thrifty nature that feels like it's getting a deal when I see a fabric that has two "right" sides- it's like a two for one!  Although I love the purchase of a double faced fabric, once I get home I instantly begin to stress over the perfect pattern to use with this fabric.  My goal is always to showcase the loveliness and uniqueness of the fabric.  I'm beginning to think that the energy I expend racking my brain for the perfect way to use each double face fabric I purchase may be creating more stress in my life than I need.  In the end, while I enjoy my projects made from double face fabric, I don't feel I've found the perfect garment for this type of fabric.

I would love to see what you've made using double faced fabrics- or if you have thoughts to share please leave a comment.

Here are some of the projects I've made:
Lounge Jacket and Pant:

Ruffle Cardigan:


Two fabrics in my stash which I hope to sew up in Jan.  More to come...
Beautiful worsted wool Marc Jacobs, teal and navy - potential jacket
 Unidentified Brown and oatmeal knit, great drape - potential lounge suit


Comments